AUSTRALIAN SKIN CANCER CLINICS AND COVID-19
The Australian Skin Cancer Clinics provide an essential service for the diagnosis, treatment and ongoing care of patients affected by skin cancer.
This essential service includes, but is not restricted to:
- Diagnosis and treatment of melanoma and other high risk skin cancers
- Surgical treatment
- Post-operative care
Unfortunately, the rates of skin cancer do not alter during a viral pandemic, so it is important that we continue our duty of care and management of other health issues during this period.
We are following all Government recommendations and advise the following :
- Our clinics have implemented all Covid-19 precautionary protocols to ensure the health and safety of our staff, doctors and patients.
- If you are 70 years of age or older please contact the clinic to discuss consult options.
- If you are well and comfortable to attend the clinic please contact us to schedule an appointment.
- If you are unwell, travelled interstate or overseas in the past month, tested positive for Covid-19, had casual or close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 or self-isolated due to concerns about becoming infected in the community then we would encourage you to contact the clinic to arrange a telehealth consult.
- If you require surgery, please contact the clinic to confirm that you are well, have not tested positive for Covid-19 or had casual or close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 and have not travelled interstate or overseas in the past month.
- Patients who have a new or changing lesion that they are concerned about and are unable to attend the clinic due to self-isolation will be required to contact the clinic to discuss telehealth consult options.
We understand that the current situation is concerning for all of us and would like to assure you that every precautionary measure has been implemented at all of our clinics to protect you, our staff and doctors.
To keep us all safe :
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat or any shortness of breath, please consider being tested for Covid-19 and don’t attend the clinic.
- If you have travelled interstate or overseas in the past month, please self-isolate for 14 days and don’t attend the clinic.
- If you have had close or casual contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, please self-isolate for 14 days and don’t attend the clinic.
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 and at least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms AND at least 3 days passed since the symptoms stopped then you are able to book an appointment and attend the clinic, however, if the answer is “NO” to the question “have at least 10 days passed since the onset of symptoms AND at least 3 days passed since the symptoms stopped” then you should remain in isolation until the stated timeframes have elapsed.
(The 10 and 3 days criteria are those of the Australian Department of Health)